- A lot of couples experience Itching or Burning Sensation after having intercourse or sex. Genital itching after sex can be due to many reasons like dry skin, infection, allergic reaction, lack of lubrication around the genital area, etc.
- Genital itching after sex may be also due to vaginal dryness. It is caused by a decrease in estrogen production which happens due to hormonal changes in the body.
- Prolonged cases of itching if not diagnosed and treated lead to severe infection, Thrush, Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), Vaginal Dysbiosis, and Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI).
- Thrush which is also known as ‘candidiasis’, is a fungal or yeast infection that affects both men and women. It is mainly caused due to imbalance of the good bacterial population in our body.
- Thrush causes white discharge from the vagina or penis, genital soreness and itchiness, bad odour, and a burning sensation when urinating or having sex.
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) is caused due to protozoa, bacteria, or viruses. This is caused due to unsafe or unprotected sex.
- STI also causes genital itching and discomfort, discharge from the vagina or penis, blisters, pain when urinating, genital inflammatory disease, bad odour, abdominal pain, etc.
- AMMAGENOMICS offers PCR-based tests to diagnose the root cause of these infections. We deduct all the fungus, bacteria, viruses and yeast that cause these infections and give results in a quick turnaround time which culture tests miss out on deducting.
We Care for your Health!