- As a responsible family person, you are asking, whether the honey that we get is good or not. Whether it is adulterated or pure honey.
- Because you’re concerned that the honey you will give to your family, and your children, as a medicine or as a food supplement, is a very healthy product. But we do not know whether it is real or not.
- Now you are seeing many YouTube videos, where they do physical testing, they will say you can look for the authenticity of honey by doing the physical test like burning the honey or crystallizing it. But are these enough? No.
- These are only very basic tests. Now you must understand the people who are adulterating honey they know how to fool the customers. Because honey is now the most expensive and highly sold food product. That is why this is the most adulterated food in the world. So, it is very difficult to do authenticity testing.
- But it is not a challenge for AMMAGENOMICS Lab. Because we have multi-layered tests. The more the test you do the more you can be assured of the quality.
- But we do basic tests like Polyphenol, Antioxidants, and MDA testing in honey. These are basic tests that can give some approximate estimation of how authentic honey is.
- If you want to go beyond that, we can also look at the PCR-based test. We can tell which type of honeybee produced it if it is from the forest honeybee or from the beehive or if they have adulterated with the honeybee pollens, all these levels of DNA testing also we do.
- We also look at the RNA expression so that we can add value to the testing because we know more details apart from this.
- There are even more expensive tests like GCLC Mass spectroscopy level testing. But you must understand as a family person you cannot do all the tests. So, what you must do is, you must tell the company or the store or somebody who is selling the honey to approach AMMAGENOMICS and make sure they test their honey and get certified by OORJV. This way the consumer can trust the product they are using.
Make the right choice!